Today, wpd AG is announcing the acquisition of the offshore wind farm project Nordergründe from Energiekontor AG. 18 wind turbine generators of the 6-megawatt class are to be erected within the 12 nautical miles zone of the German North Sea some 15 km to the North-East of the Wangerooge island and to the North of the city of Wilhelmshaven in water depths up to 10 meters.
Energiekontor AG has delivered a sound technical design for the proposed Nordergründe offshore wind farm. wpd plans to commission the project in 2016 and, for the first time, use 6MW offshore wind turbines on a wpd project, said Achim Berge Olsen, Director of wpd offshore GmbH. We are confident that the German offshore wind industry will continue to receive strong political support and a consistent planning framework that provides clear guidance for project developers and operators in our industry.
Currently, wpd is erecting the 288 MW Butendiek offshore wind farm, to be connected to the grid in the spring of 2015.
Next to our German projects, we are currently conducting offshore activities in further five European countries. A total of eight projects in Germany, Sweden and Finland have been developed up to approval status. Furthermore, wpd is successfully playing the market in France as well with two projects which have been awarded in the scope of the first French tender procedures, Berge Olsen explains wpds strategy. With a pipeline of 19 offshore wind projects at present and a total capacity of 10 Gigawatt, wpd is one of the largest offshore developers in the world.
wpd is a developer and operator of wind farms with activities in 20 countries in Europe and overseas. So far, wind farms with some 1,500 turbines and a total output of 2.5 GW have been implemented by wpd group and international projects with a further 6.7 GW onshore are under development. With a pipeline of 10 GW, wpd is among Europes leading developers for offshore wind farms. One of the first commercial offshore wind farms, Baltic 1, has been developed by wpd and implemented by EnBW in 2010. wpd is developing offshore projects in Germany, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, France and Italy.
- 100 % affiliate of the wpd group, Bremen
- Worldwide, one of the leading developers of offshore wind farms with a pipeline of 19 projects (totaling 10 GW) and activities in 6 countries (Germany, France, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Denmark)
- The value chain covers project development, construction as well as operational management
- So far, 8 projects in Germany, Sweden and Finland have been successfully developed until final consent
- Procurement for 3 projects with a total investment volume of more than 2.5 billion Euros
- Construction management for 2 offshore wind projects (including Baltic 1, Germanys first commercial offshore wind farm)
- Developer of and shareholder in 2 of the 4 projects that have been tendered in France so far.
Manager PR & Marketing
Kurfürstenallee 23 a
T: +49 421 168 66 25
F: +49 421 168 66 66