Sibenik/Bremen, 14.11.2006. Today, Branko Vukelic, Croatias Minister of Economy, has inaugurated the wpd wind farm project Trtar-Krtolin near Sibenik seaport. More than 100 attendees listened to the Ministers keynote address, in which he stressed the increasing importance of RES and the political will to further increase the share of wind power in Croatias energy supply. The Trtar-Krtolin wind farm comprises 14 Enercon E48 wind converters and has started the production in July this year. Recorded yields meet the high expectations. The project was developed by wpds Croatian subsidiary EnerSys d.o.o. with office in Dubrovnik. Andreas Chollet, manager of owner company Vjetroeletrana Trtar-Krtolin d.o.o. (Sibenik), expressed his gratitude towards the representatives of the city of Sibenik and of the county of Sibenik-Knin for the cooperation experienced in the past three years: Through our common effort, we have succeeded in building a wind farm which has earned the support of the citizens. Now, Sibenik has a new landmark: the city stands for clean und ecologically sound technology, says Chollet. wpd board member Dr. Hartmut Brösamle views Croatia as an interesting future market: The Trtar-Krtolin wind farm will be succeeded by further projects in the years to come, says Dr. Brösamle. In addition to excellent wind conditions, government and administration created an investment-friendly climate which facilitates continuous project development. Our trust in the business environment is documented by the decision to remain in ownership of the Trtar-Krtolia wind farm. Keyfacts wpd:
- Construction and financing of more than 80 wind farms with a total rated power in excess of 890 MW. In connection therewith, investments more than 1,2 billion were successfully raised and syndicated.
- Germanys leading developer and syndication house for wind farms since 2001 Equity raised: 300 million.
- Commercial and technical management of more than 110 wind farms with 1.400 MW.
- Development of and sponsorship in international windfarms and photovoltaic-projects.
- Developer and IPP
- Development of offshore windfarms in Germany and Sweden.
- A rated by Euler Hermes GmbH (Allianz group).
- Headquartered in Bremen, offices in Magdeburg, London and Stockholm.
- Staff of 100.