Head of Project Management Office (m/f/d)
Together we are shaping the energy supply of the future!
wpd has been active since 1996 as a developer and operator of onshore and offshore wind farms as well as solar parks with 3,600 employees in a total of 30 countries. The headquarters are located in Bremen, directly on the Weser River.
Do you want to make a sustainable difference? Do you want to advance the expansion of renewable energies in a growing and sustainable business field? wpd offers you the opportunity to do so.
With us, you can expect a lively environment with committed employees in familiar teams as well as the chance to break new ground and expand your skills.
wpd offshore solutions GmbH is a service provider and specialist in the implementation of offshore wind energy projects.
Become a part of our friendly team as
Head of Project Management Office (m/f/d)
As Head of Project Management Office (m/f/d) you will take over the following tasks:
- You are a part of the senior management team and work closely with our Project Directors to shape our management landscape throughout the project lifecycle.
- In addition, you are managing the overarching Project Management Office (PMO) and are the manager for the Project Management Officers in our projects.
- In doing this, you are responsible for developing and maintaining our Project Management Methodologies including project monitoring and tracking methodologies to ensure full transparency of the performance of our project portfolio and to sharpen our ways of working.
- You are steering and coordinating the implementation of our Project Management Tools such as Document Management and Resource Planning Systems.
- Also, you are building an interface towards the strategic portfolio and project planning to ensure a proper project integration into the systems.
- You ensure that the quality of the work environment is encouraging and will improve synchronization and productivity supported by on an open work environment accommpanied by a culture of trust and constructive feedback.
- Furthermore, you provide training services to Project Managers and Project Teams in order to ensure that their skills remain up to date.
- You are a true Project Manager, who is believing in the principles of project management as the system ensuring the highest possible performance.
- In addition, you have strong Project Management hands-on experience and an extensive proven track record of delivering complex infrastructure projects, preferably within the offshore renewable energy sector and in a lead function of an international organisation.
- You are a qualified Project Manager (preferably IPMA level A or comparable) and a role model for other Project Managers, who demonstrates resilience in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Moreover, you have served as an integral part of a Project Management Organisation.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English, ideally also in German
- As a leader you connect people, accelerate learning and drive innovation
- You are a highly motivated, communicative and convincing leader, able to focus on both people and business.
- Furthermore, you have a proven track record in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges and have the capability to lead a team into the direction you believe contributes most to the business.
- In doing this, you act with high integrity and inspire people, enable them to perform at their best, for the benefit of themselves, the project and the business.
- You foster an environment of challenging each other, creating maximum transparency and find solutions to facilitate optimised decision making and value creation.
- You drive the mind-set of project management excellence in order to enable all team members to contribute value and do their work efficiently.
- As an ideal candidate you have experience in implementing the PMO organisation.
- Open doors, flat hierarchies and room for your own ideas in a friendly, modern working environment
- Permanent employment in a company that is continuously expanding
- Trust-based working hours
- 30 days of vacation, extended with possible unpaid vacation days, birthday off from 1 p.m. onwards
- Extensive initial training and introduction
- Further education and training opportunities
- Company bicycle leasing (business bike) and company fitness (Qualitrain or Hansefit)
- wpd goes green: our employees actively participate with innovative ideas for climate-conscious work
- Tram station in front of the building, rental parking incl. e-charging stations
- Extraordinary company celebrations, team events, sporting events and leisure activities
- Other employee benefits: capital-forming benefits, subsidized company pension plan, bonus for employees who recruit employees
- And lots of fun at work with the kind colleagues at wpd
Did we pique your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your application to join our team!Jetzt online bewerben