Head of Business & Project Development (f/m/d)
Breathe new life into your career!
Work together with us on the energy supply of future!
With 2,700 employees in 25 countries, wpd is an international leader in renewable energies. Our track record during the last 20 years includes more than 4,720 MW of successfully realized wind and PV projects. Our team constantly strives for excellence in the development, finance, construction and operation of renewable power plants. To live up to our ambitions we are always looking for brilliant employees who are excited by the perspectives offered by renewables and who support our company in this growing and inspiring market.
We are seeking for each of our Greek subsidiaries wpd Hellas onshore IKE and wpd Solar Greece IKE two senior project developers for the following vacancies:
Head of Business & Project Development (f/m/d) to join our development team in the field of wind farm development in Athens.
Head of Business & Project Development (f/m/d) to join our development team in the field of solar (PV) power plant development in Athens.
As the local representative of wpd towards all stakeholders over various project stages you show a strong networking attitude and secure the successful development of a major pipeline of projects in the wind/solar (PV) sector all over Greece. You prepare the ground for further project co-operations and highlight wpd’s interest on all national levels. Your strong understanding of the Greek market and developing process from green field projects to cooperation projects and acquisitions enables you to lead our local staff and projects successfully until the construction phase. Working closely together with our highly experienced team of international specialists you develop a strategy for successful project implementations.
- You have minimum five (5) years of work experience within the project development and [wind / solar (PV)] industry. A majority of your experience should preferably be acquired in Greece.
- You are familiar with technical, legal as well as financial and taxation challenges regarding the project development in Greece.
- Successful track record analyzing new market structures, cultivating relationships with clients, customers, and potential project partners, selling and developing work with a strong focus on the Greek market
- You already have leadership experience
- You possess expertise in standards and legislation regarding energy initiatives.
- Your ability to work independently or to think on your feet does not contradict your team spirit;
- You are prepared to travel occasionally across Greece
- Besides being a native speaker in Greek you are fluent in English and preferably also fluent in German;
- A unique opportunity to support the expansion of a top global player in renewable energies into the Greek market.
- An attractive workplace and exciting tasks in an international work environment.
- A long-term career prospect in a privately owned company.
- An attractive pay package and other benefits.
Did we pique your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in english to join our team!
Please sent your application including a possible start date as well as your salary expectations to:
wpd Hellas onshore IKE / wpd Solar Greece IKE
T +49 (421) 16866-10