You are here: wpd > Career
Managing Director (m/f)
With more than 1,800 employees in 17 countries, wpd is an international leader in renewable energies. Our track record during the last 20 years includes more than 4,100 MW of successfully realized wind and PV projects. Our team constantly strives for excellence in the development, finance, construction and operation of renewable power plants. To live up to our ambitions we are always looking for brilliant employees who are excited by the perspectives offered by renewables and who support our company in this growing and inspiring market.
We are looking for an exceptionally smart, motivated individual who has the confidence and capabilities to take on a major challenge and succeed to establish our Japanese subsidiary based in Tokyo.
Managing Director (m/f)
- Launch of our office in Tokyo
- Recruitment of our Japanese project development team and managing our local branch
- Co-ordination of our Japanese business with our headquarters based in Bremen, Germany
- Technical and commercial development of our project pipeline in the fields of onshore and offshore wind as well as photovoltaics
- Relationship management with governmental agencies and local stakeholders as well as the establishment of a strong industrial net work
- Support of our headquarters during project finance and execution of our Japanese projects
- Preparation and negotiation of co-operations with other Japanese players
- You have successfully completed your studies of business administration, engineering or law.
- Solid background in project development and management ideally in the field of renewable energies.
- High capability of big picture thinking and used to work in an international environment as well as in Japan.
- Native level fluency in Japanese and business level fluency in English. Knowledge of the German language would beneficial.
- Motivated, communicative and credible character who likes to work in and lead Teams.
- You enjoy an entrepreneurial environment with direct communication and flat hierarchies.
- A unique opportunity to drive the expansion of a top global player in renewable energies into the Japanese market
- An entrepreneurial challenge embedded in the structures of a professional and experienced organization
- A long-term career perspective at a privately owned company
- An attractive compensation package
Have we aroused your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your application to join our team!
Please sent your application to:
wpd onshore GmbH & Co. KG